From the fallout from RAW, that’s what it is looking like.
However, as much as WWE creative has been pushing Braun Strowman as of late, I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but Brock Lesnar isn’t dropping the title any time soon. Let’s face it, Lesnar has been WWE’s money machine for the last few years and as much as the fans hate having the part-timer holding the Universal Championship, it looks like it’s going to stay that way.
Here are some stats I’ve dug up to put things into perspective;
– Lesnar has held the belt longer than any single Roman Reign title reign (77 days) and Dean Ambrose title reign (84 days).
– It’s tied for as long as Jericho’s title reign after unifying the belts back in 2001. Its longer than Stone Colds 1st and 2nd title reigns (90 and 91 days).
– Since keeping the belt at Summerslam, he has tied AJ Styles title reign (140 days).
– If he lasts until Survivor Series (231 days), his reign will surpass his last title run (224 days), as well as surpassing Seth Rollin’s title run (220 days), making him the longest reigning champ since CM Punk.
– And if he retains all the way through to WM34, his title reign (371 days) will tie Randy Savage from 1988, and be the 3rd longest since then (CM Punk – 434, John Cena – 380).
While Strowman has gotten some serious steam lately, WWE’s golden meal ticket Lesnar is likely going to keep the championship until the biggest show of the year, Wrestlemania. In conclusion, Lesnar keeping the title is a big slap in the face to us wrestling fans because having a part-timer hold the most prestigious belt in the company and only being on television when it’s convenient is growing continuously frustrating to say the least.
What are your thoughts? Are you for or against Lesnar keeping the belt? Are you tired of the belt never being on television like I am? Let me know below.