WWE Hall Of Famer and currnent RAW General Manager Kurt Angle recently spoke with Gary, Tim & Hamish for an interview. Here are some of the highlights:
On the potential and possibilities of Jason Jordan: “I think Jason has a lot of potential. I think he’s going to be one of the more popular superstars down the road. He has a little bit of work to do. He’s a little bit shy, but as far as his athleticism, he’s one of the best we’ve got here”. “I think the storyline is going to help him. Now, we haven’t really gritted down and gotten really into the storyline yet, but it’s going to happen eventually”.
On the status regarding his potential in-ring return: “We have talked about it, but I haven’t taken the physical yet. So really, I don’t know. I don’t know when, or if I’m going to. My guess is I will, but I’m going to sit and wait and be patient, and see how it all plays out”.
I am all for this Kurt Angle in-ring return. I believe he still has a few good years left in him and I would hope WWE would utilize that potential because I can see the endless possibilities of opponents. In honour of this in-ring return tease from the Olympian himself, Here are my top 5 picks for possible opponents if Kurt Angle were cleared to compete in-ring;
5. Roman Reigns: Okay, let’s get down to it here. Reigns is one of the biggest superstars in the company today. Having a storyline with Angle would solidify his “top dog” place on the roster.
4. John Cena: Again, John Cena is a future Hall of Famer no doubt, so having this match with Angle would be a great send off for him if and when he decides to stop competing. I don’t believe John Cena will ever fully leave WWE as once his in-ring career is over, no doubt will he continue to be an ambassador and more than likely a mentor for younger talent.
3. Brock Lesnar: Lesnar and Angle already have history. Both of which use the signature move, the infamous Suplex. Although I’d imagine Lesnar would take Angle to “Suplex City” no problem.
2. Jason Jordan: After this whole Father/Son storyline, I would like to see Jordan turn Heel and set up a match with Angle, resulting in Angle putting Jordan over further. “Yes, Yes, Yes!”.
1. HHH: I would absolutely love to see this match. HHH is one of the best and having a storyline with Angle would certainly draw a crowd and boost ratings no doubt. I’d imagine they would set something up with Stephanie on RAW and in return, HHH comes to the rescue. Predictable. But would be awesome nonetheless.
Angle returning to in-ring action is a no-brainer for me. I think many fans would also appreciate the nostalgia of it happening, especially if it were against one of my picks. I guess we all have to wait and see what the future holds for Kurt Angle, and Jason Jordan for that matter.
What are your thoughts? Would you want to see Kurt Angle wrestle again? Or do you prefer him to stay the role as General Manager? Leave me your thoughts below.